Major Programs & Services
- Adoption Services: Provides for the assessment and approval of individuals to become the permanent placement for children who are legally freed for adoption.
- Adult Services: Provides an array of services and financial assistance so that the aging and developmentally disable adults can either remain in their homes as long as possible or can reside safely in an appropriate facility.
- Child Care Subsidy (Child Care Networks, Inc.): Provides services and subsidies for low-income families to pay for childcare by providing support, technical assistance and education to childcare providers.
- Child Protective Services: Provides services to children and their parents/caretakers in response to actual or suspected child abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Child Support Enforcement: Provides services related to establishing, collecting and enforcing child support payments required of parents by court order to support the needs of their children.
- Emergency Services/Crisis Intervention: Provides assistance to eligible low-income households experiencing a heating or cooling emergency in their homes.
- Energy Assistance: Provides a one-time cash payment to help eligible low-income families pay their heating bills (applications in November).
- Food Stamp Program: Provides short-term assistance for low-income households to improve their nutrition, health and well being.
- Foster Care Services: Provides licensed and approved foster families who can provide temporary care for children in the custody of the Department of Social Services.
- Medicaid: Provides assistance to eligible low-income residents for medical bills and prescription medications, with programs for both elderly/disable and children/families.
- Work First: Provides temporary financial assistance to families to meet basic needs while seeking employment, with the goal of helping obtain a job as quickly as possible.
- Work Permits: Issues permits for youth under age 18 to be employed, even if employed by their parents.
For more information about any of the services or programs please call our office at 704-694-9351.