The employees at the Anson County Transportation System (ACTS) are proud of the service offered to the community of Anson County. Our fleet of vehicles regularly transport individuals to the following places:
- Doctor's appointments
- Nutrition sites
- Post secondary school
- Recreational functions
- Shopping facilities
Different Types of Transportation
We offer two types of transportation, regular scheduled routes and demand response.
Regular Scheduled Routes
Regularly scheduled routes transport individuals to the same destination on a consistent basis. Our regularly scheduled routes consist of the following:
- Dialysis treatment
- Employment routes throughout Anson County.
- Employment training routes to the McLaurin Vocational Rehabilitation Center in Hamlet North Carolina
- Nutritional routes for the elderly to the Peachland, Wadesboro and Morven meal sites
Demand Response Transportation
Demand response transportation is very flexible and is accessible by dialing at least 24 hours in advance to schedule appointments. (To ensure availability of vehicle, one might need to call earlier than 24 hours.)
The transportation system accepts the following funding sources:
- Elderly and Disabled Transportation Grant (These funds are handled by the transportation department and can be accessed by calling the transportation office at 704-694-2596).
- Monthly payments by established agencies and businesses