Manager Vacancy – Anson County, North Carolina
Anson County, population 26,948, is seeking a successful public sector leader and professional to serve as its next County Manager. The Manager reports to and serves at the pleasure of a seven-member Board of Commissioners, elected by districts. This highly visible position requires a person with the ability to motivate, communicate effectively, lead, plan and execute within budget.
is the chief administrative officer for 25 departments, 240 full time employees
with an annual operating budget of $27 million.
The responsibilities include supervising county personnel matters, preparing
and submitting the annual budget, recommending the property tax rate and working
closely with the Board of Commissioners to determine the goals and objectives
to provide effective and efficient services to citizens. The Manager is responsible for attending all
board meetings and meetings of the Anson Economic Development Cooperation and
the Anson County Partnership for Children.
In addition, the Manager is responsible for executing orders, ordinances,
and resolutions. The person filling this
position should be a positive change agent and possess the ability to motivate staff
toward achievement of collectively agreed upon goals.
degree in public administration, business or related field required. Master of Public Administration (MPA)
preferred, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Prefer at least five (5) years of
progressively responsible local government experience, including knowledge of
state law governing county administration.
Ideal applicant will have good oral skills, knowledge of finance/budget,
board relationship, administrative ability and a community presence.
candidate must be an innovative leader and team builder with strong
interpersonal skills and a proven ability to effectively interact with elected
officials, employees, business leaders and citizens. Selected candidate must maintain a primary
residence in Anson County. Salary shall
be commensurate with experience, education and proven ability.
applicants should mail their letter of interest, resume and application to Anna
H. Baucom, Chair, Anson County Board of Commissioners, 101 South Greene Street,
Suite 205, Wadesboro, NC 28170. Deadline
for submitting applications is May 15, 2015. Anson
County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment drug screen and criminal
background checks required.
EMT Paramedic - Shift Supervisor
Salary Grade: 68 ($35,475 - $54,894)
General Statement of Duties:
Under general supervision, performs supervisory, skilled and technical work in directing emergency medical service operations on an assigned shift. Employee is responsible for the medical care administered during the shift, insuring the equipment is in working condition, supplies are available on each vehicle and that each vehicle is staffed with qualified personnel. Employee is also responsible for monitoring the maintenance of Emergency Services buildings and grounds, as well as Emergency Services vehicles. Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in dealing with the public and carrying out assigned shift work. Reports to the EMS Manager.
Distinguishing Features of the Class:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
• Supervises and coordinates all aspects of the County emergency medical services operation on an assigned shift; assures that all equipment is in working condition; insures that materials and supplies on each vehicle are ample and that each mobile unit is staffed with qualified personnel.
• Reviews ambulance call reports to ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and protocols applicable to types of rescue calls answered, investigating deviations as they are found.
• Responds to emergency calls as a supervisor and technician; performs necessary rescue work and administers emergency medical care, per ALS protocol.
• Coordinates minor maintenance and repairs on mobile units and Emergency Services grounds and buildings.
• Attends monthly inter-service meetings to keep up with any new developments and techniques in the Emergency Services field. Maintains EMT-P, ACLS, PALS, and BTLS certifications.
• Provides assistance to members of volunteer emergency service organizations in County, as requested.
• Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic. Possession of a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
The position requires a High School Graduate or equivalent and possession of an EMTP, ACLS, PALS and BTLS certifications and valid NC driver’s license.
A County application may be obtained from www.co.anson.nc.us. Please submit resume and completed application to:
Anson County EMS
2230 Country Club Road
Wadesboro NC 28170
The deadline for submissions is 5:00 PM on Monday, April 6th, 2015.
*Pre-employment Drug/Alcohol Testing, and Criminal Background Check Required
*Anson County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age or disability in employment or provisions of service.