EMT Paramedic - Shift Supervisor
Salary Grade: 68 ($35,475 - $54,894)
General Statement of Duties:
Under general supervision, performs supervisory, skilled and technical work in directing emergency medical service operations on an assigned shift. Employee is responsible for the medical care administered during the shift, insuring the equipment is in working condition, supplies are available on each vehicle and that each vehicle is staffed with qualified personnel. Employee is also responsible for monitoring the maintenance of Emergency Services buildings and grounds, as well as Emergency Services vehicles. Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in dealing with the public and carrying out assigned shift work. Reports to the EMS Manager.
Distinguishing Features of the Class:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
• Supervises and coordinates all aspects of the County emergency medical services operation on an assigned shift; assures that all equipment is in working condition; insures that materials and supplies on each vehicle are ample and that each mobile unit is staffed with qualified personnel.
• Reviews ambulance call reports to ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and protocols applicable to types of rescue calls answered, investigating deviations as they are found.
• Responds to emergency calls as a supervisor and technician; performs necessary rescue work and administers emergency medical care, per ALS protocol.
• Coordinates minor maintenance and repairs on mobile units and Emergency Services grounds and buildings.
• Attends monthly inter-service meetings to keep up with any new developments and techniques in the Emergency Services field. Maintains EMT-P, ACLS, PALS, and BTLS certifications.
• Provides assistance to members of volunteer emergency service organizations in County, as requested.
• Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic. Possession of a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
The position requires a High School Graduate or equivalent and possession of an EMTP, ACLS, PALS and BTLS certifications and valid NC driver’s license.
A County application may be obtained from www.co.anson.nc.us. Please submit resume and completed application to:
Anson County EMS
2230 Country Club Road
Wadesboro NC 28170
The deadline for submissions is 5:00 PM on Monday, April 6th, 2015.
*Pre-employment Drug/Alcohol Testing, and Criminal Background Check Required
*Anson County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age or disability in employment or provisions of service.