118 N. Washington St
Wadesboro, NC 28170
Lula Jackson, Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To partner with families in achieving economic well-being, safety and permanence within our community by providing access to affordable health care and better nutrition, protecting vulnerable children and adults, strengthen and preserving families and helping people to effectively deal wtih lifes challenges.
To provide and maintain a professional and well trained work force focused on innovation, efficiency and collaboration to strengthen individuals and the community through high quality social services.
Major programs & services
- Child Support Enforcement - Provides services related to establishing, collecting and enforcing child support payments required of parents by court order to support the needs of their children.
- Work First - Provides temporary financial assistance to families to meet basic needs while seeking employment, with the goal of helping obtain a job as quickly as possible.
- Medicaid - Provides assistance to eligible low-income residents for medical bills and prescription medications, with programs for both elderly/disable and children/families.
- Food Stamp Program - Provides short-term assistance for low-income households to improve their nutrition, health and well being.
- Child Protective Services - Provides services to children and their parents/caretakers in response to actual or suspected child abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Foster Care Services - Provides licensed and approved foster families who can provide temporary care for children in the custody of the Department of Social Services.
- Adoption Services - Provides for the assessment and approval of individuals to become the permanent placement for children who are legally freed for adoption.
- Energy Assistance - Provides a one-time cash payment to help eligible low-income families pay their heating bills (applications in November).
- Emergency Services/Crisis Intervention - Provides assistance to eligible low-income households experiencing a heating or cooling emergency in their homes.
- Work Permits - Issues permits for youth under age 18 to be employed, even if employed by their parents.
- Child Care Subsidy (Child Care Networks, Inc.) - Provides services and subsidies for low-income families to pay for childcare by providing support, technical assistance and education to childcare providers.
Adult Services - Provides an array of services and financial assistance so that the aging and developmentally disable adutls can either remain in their homes as long as possible or can reside safely in an appropriate facility.
NORTH CAROLINA’S LOW INCOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIEAP)
WHAT IS IT? The Low Income Energy Assistance Program gives families a one-time vendor payment to help pay their heating bills.
WHO MIGHT BE ELIGIBLE?
Families that meet all of the following:
1. Household must meet an income test.
2. Household must be responsible for its heating bills.
3. Household cannot have resources over $2,250.
4. The household must include a U.S. citizen or an eligible alien.
5. Priority in eligibility is given to disabled persons receiving services through the Division of Aging and Adult Services or households containing a person age 60 and above from December 1st through December 31st.
WHERE TO APPLY
You apply at Anson County Department of Social Services. Please bring the following information to apply:
1. Household’s income. If anyone works, provide wage stubs for the month prior to the month you apply.
2. Information about your household’s savings accounts or checking accounts.
3. Name, date of birth, and social security numbers of each household member.
WHEN TO APPLY
Applications period begins December 1st. Only households with a person who is receiving services through the Division of Aging and Adult Services or households containing a person age 60 and above are potentially eligible from December 1st through December 31st or until funds are exhausted. Applications on all households will be taken from January 1st through March 31st or until funds are exhausted.